Waiter admits assaulting homeless woman in Hung Hom
On.cc · 2 SOURCESabout 2 hours ago1 MIN

Summary
A waiter accused of twice attacking an elderly homeless woman in Hung Hom has pleaded guilty at Kowloon City Magistrates' Courts to two counts of common assault. The court adjourned the case to September 7 for sentencing and allowed him HK$1,000 cash bail pending sentence.
Key Points
- Defendant Chan Tin-lok, 29, a waiter, admitted assault charges over incidents on July 15 and 16, 2026, involving woman Leung Yuet-giu in Hung Hom.
- The prosecution said Chan had lived near Chet Kun Lane for about two years and had been concerned about street hygiene where the victim slept rough.
- At about 11pm on July 15, Chan splashed water on the woman at the junction of Chet Kun Lane and Gillies Avenue South, then left.
- At about 10pm the next day, he grabbed her clothing and dragged her along the ქუჩe for about one minute near Chet Kun Lane and Kun Yam Street.
- A male taxi driver witnessed the water-splashing and called police, while nearby shop CCTV captured the dragging; police arrested Chan on July 18 and said he confessed under caution.
Why It Matters
The case is a reminder that disputes over street sleeping and neighbourhood hygiene can escalate into criminal violence, with sentencing now the next key stage in the court process. For Hong Kong readers, the ruling may be watched as an indicator of how the courts respond when vulnerable rough sleepers are assaulted in public spaces.