Volunteer tutor admits indecent assault after appeal win
HK01 · 1 SOURCESabout 2 hours ago1 MIN

Summary
A volunteer tutor who was previously acquitted of two indecent assault charges changed his plea and admitted both offences after the Department of Justice successfully appealed those acquittals. Ho Wing-hang, now 48, admitted indecently assaulting boy X in Sham Shui Po on August 10 and 17, 2022
Key Points
- Defendant Ho Wing-hang was 44 at the time of the offences and is now 48; prosecutors said he was born in Hong Kong and had no previous convictions
- The victim, identified as boy X, was born in 2011 and was a primary school pupil when the offences took place in Sham Shui Po
- The prosecution case said Ho began tutoring X in 2018, and by late August that year the boy had told his mother he had been touched on his private parts multiple times
- CCTV footage recorded on August 20, 2022 showed Ho, during a tutorial session, touching X’s private parts over clothing, as well as his thigh and chest
- Prosecutors said Ho touched the boy again during class on August 27, 2022, and he was arrested on September 10 that year
Why It Matters
The case has moved forward because the prosecution overturned earlier acquittals, leading to fresh guilty pleas on the remitted charges. The court also noted that the boy and his family did not want to revisit the incident during the retrial process, underscoring the strain such cases can place on victims and their families